- No. of local direct employees (FTE) hired or retained (for re-tendered contract) on contract
- Percentage of local employees (FTE) on contract
More opportunities for disadvantaged people
- No. of employees (FTE) hired on the contract who are NEETs
- No. of disabled employees (FTE) hired on the contract
- Percentage of women (FTE) hired on the contract
- Percentage of employees (FTE) BAME hired on the contract
Improved skills for local people
- No. site visits for school children or local residents
- No. of weeks of training opportunities on the contract - Level 2, 3 or 4+
- No. of weeks of apprenticeships on the contract - Level 2, 3 or 4+
Improved employability of young people
- Weeks of work placements / pre-employment courses (students, 1-6 wks, unpaid)
GROWTH: SUPPORTING GROWTH OF RESPONSIBLE REGIONAL BUSINESS
More Opportunities for local MSMEs & VCSEs
- Meet the buyer events held to highlight local supply chain opportunities
- Total spent in the LOCAL supply chain through the contract
- Total amount (£) spent through the contract with LOCAL MSMEs
Improving Staff Wellbeing & Mental Health
- No. employees provided access to multidimensional wellbeing programmes
- Mental Health campaigns for staff on the contract to create community of acceptance, remove stigma around mental health.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training provided both for staff and supply chain staff.
- Number and type of initiatives to be put in place to reduce the gender pay gap for staff employed in relation to the contract (describe and document initiatives).
- Percentage of staff on contract that is paid at least the relevant Real Living wage as specified by Living Wage foundation.
Ethical Procurement is Promoted
- Percentage of procurement contracts including commitments to ethical procurement
- Initiatives in the supply chain to identify & manage risks of modern slavery
- Percentage of invoices on the contract paid within 30 days
SOCIAL: HEALTHIER, SAFER AND MORE RESILIENT COMMUNITIES
Creating a Healthier Community
- Initiatives taken or supported to engage people in health interventions (e.g. stop smoking, obesity, alcoholism, drugs, etc.) or wellbeing initiatives in the community, including physical activities for adults and children.
More working with the Community
- Donations or in-kind contributions to local community projects (£ & materials)
- No. of hours volunteering time provided to support local community projects
ENVIRONMENT: PROTECTING AND IMPROVING OUR ENVIRONMENT
Carbon Emissions are Reduced
- Savings in CO2 emissions on contract achieved through decarbonisation (i.e. a reduction of the carbon intensity of processes and operations, specify how these are to be achieved).
- Policy and programme to achieve net zero carbon including monitoring plan with specific milestones.
Safeguarding the Natural Environment
- Donations or investments towards expert designed sustainable reforestation or afforestation initiatives.
- Offsets/mitigation initiatives on biodiversity where restoration isn't available
- Plastic recycling rate on the contract (to e.g. reduce microplastics).
Resource Efficiency & Circular Economy Solutions are Promoted
- Percentage of procurement contracts that include sustainable procurement commitments (e.g. reduce waste)
Our Sustainability Commitment
We know what people want from us. Smart thinking in tune with modern living. Sustainable materials and ethical practices. Places that stand the test of time. And homes that can adapt to changing lifestyles.
Our commitments include protecting and rehoming wildlife, preserving and planting new trees, shrubs and wildflower meadows as well as recycling all our build waste and using local suppliers and sub-contractors. We take pride in our sustainability approach to housebuilding.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.